The post contains no affiliate links.
There is nothing better then Chilli and when I seen this recipe, a few years ago, for Turkey Pumpkin White Bean Chilli over on Skinny Taste. I knew I had to try it.
There is just something about eating chilli in the colder months of the year. If you’re anything like me, I easily get bored of eating the same flavours too often. I love that this turkey pumpkin white bean chilli recipe has all the great chilli staples with a few twists, just to keep things different.
This recipe is easy enough to throw together at the last minute, but its also great in a slow cooker/Instant Pot. Pair this with my favourite Buttermilk Drop Biscuits and you have the perfect fall meal.
Turkey Pumpkin Chili
- Slow Cooker
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 – 15 oz cans white northern or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 4.5 oz canned chopped green chile
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- chopped cilantro, red onion or chives for topping
- Greek yogurt or low-fat sour cream for topping, optional
- Heat a large heavy saute pan over high heat and lightly spray with oil.
- Add meat and cook, breaking it up until white, about 5 minutes. Add to crock pot.
- Add oil to the saute pan, then onions, garlic, sauté about 3 – 4 minutes; add cumin and sauté another minute. Add to crock pot.
- Add beans, pumpkin puree, green chilis, broth, chili powder, oregano, and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and adjust seasoning to taste before serving. Enjoy!