This post contains no affiliate links.
Some times, you just need an extra little something to go with your meal and these Easy Buttermilk Drop Biscuits are just what you need. These are super easy to make and great addition to any soup or chilli. They are super light and fluffy and melt in your mouth delicious.
Easy Buttermilk Drop Biscuit
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, chilled
- 8 tbsp butter, melted and slightly cooled (I use salted butter)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a 2-cup liquid measure or small bowl, stir together the chilled buttermilk and melted butter until the butter forms small clumps and the mixture looks curdled.
- Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture with a rubber spatula just until the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture slightly pulls away from the edges of the bowl.
- Using a greased 1/4-cup measure or large #20 cookie scoop, portion the dough and drop them onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake the biscuits until the tops are golden brown, 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, brush with additional melted butter. Serve warm.