Breakfast food has always been a favourite meal of mine. You can’t say no to breakfast for supper. I’ve never been super keen on breakfast burritos because I don’t really like the taste of salsa and eggs. Which is strange because I love Mexican food but the two together are a combination I don’t enjoy. Any who, yesterday I got creative and made the most delicious breakfast tacos. I may have been inspired by my sons favourite book Dragons Love Tacos.
Have you read it? It’s so cute! Basically it shares how Dragons Love Tacos but they can’t have spicy tacos. You have to keep the toppings mild, otherwise, watch out. I think the ingredients that really took these tacos next level for me were the fresh tomatoes, cilantro and Valentino’s Hot Sauce, last time I checked Im not a dragon, so spicy is good.
I love making scrambles because you can change the recipe how you want or never make the same meal twice. Scrambles are also a great way to use up produce in your fridge. AND its an easy way to incorporate lots of fresh veggies into the first meal of your day. So I’ll do my best to share what I made. But never feel like you can’t add in your own favourites.Print Recipe
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup ham – chopped
- 2 tbsp green onion – chopped
- 1/2 cup pepper – chopped
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp cheese – grated
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes – chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 2 small tortillas
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- First heat pan to medium high heat. Warm torillas in the pan while you prep the rest of your ingredents.
- Chop green onions, ham, peppers, tomatoes and cilantro.
- Warm oil in pan. Add green onions, ham and peppers until warmed or cooked to your preference.
- Add the 2 eggs and scramble in pan until cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a sprinkle of cheese to your tortillas
- Scoop scramble onto cheese
- Top with tomatoes, cilantro and hot sauce.